The custom form builder allows clients to collect data from purchasers. After a purchase is made, the customer is taken to a custom form before seeing the receipt page. Customers are able to exit out of the form before completing it. We leave this process until after purchase to avoid losing purchases due to lengthy forms. The event must be Public in order for the custom form to display.
Setting: Event Dashboard > Manage > Custom Form Builder
The Custom Forms page lists all custom forms on an event. Next to each form name you will find the status of the form, which ticket types it applies to, how many users have filled it out and if the form is offered per order or per ticket type.
Create a Form
To create a custom form, click the Create a Custom Form link.
Then, choose the form type and the ticket types you want the form to appear after. You can choose to display the form per order, meaning that only one form will display even if you buy more than one ticket, or per ticket type, meaning that the form will display for each individual ticket purchased. You can have different forms that appear based on the ticket type the customer selects.
- Delay Form Collection – select ‘collect immediately’ to have the form appear right after ticket purchase, select ‘collect after Mag card/RFID activation’ to have the form appear during activation (must be set up by client support)
- Form Title – this title will display on the form list page as well as on the customer-facing form
- Status – choose from pending (still being worked on), active (ready for submissions), not active (not taking submissions)
- Final Date Customers Can Edit Their Forms – the form will close after this date and time, the timezone defaults to the event timezone
- Form Instructions – add a description or instructions for how to fill out the form
Create the form by selecting various feels from the field options. There are several suggested fields that come standard with each form. Remove any you don’t need by clicking the red trash icon. Use the arrow icons to drag and drop to sort the desired order.
To add a field, click on one of the field options and fill out all necessary fields.
To activate a field, select the lock icon. You can also delete a field by clicking the trash icon or move a field by pressing and holding the arrow icon.
If you want the field to be "required", the box next to "Not Required" needs to be unchecked.
Form in Action
Here is an example form.
Download customer data as a CSV by clicking the Download Data button.
- The event needs to be Public and the form Active in order for you to test if the form is working.
- When adding new fields, they won't appear under the "Custom Form Field Options" right away. You will have to hit save at the bottom and go back in to edit. You will then see your new fields
- If you ever notice that the ticket types are not appearing under "Field Type", the form will not work. You will either need to create a new form or add a new ticket type to the event build. This will usually fix the issue. The cause of the issue is typically due to a copied or duplicated event with a form already built in it.
- Customers are able to see Custom Forms in their See Tickets account. If the customer already filled out the custom form, or if they didn't do it after check out, they can edit the form until the Final Date Customers Can Edit Their Forms date has passed.