What is Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app. Once the small segment of Tag Manager code has been added to your project, you can safely and easily deploy analytics and measurement tag configurations from a web-based user interface.
To learn how to add Google Tag Manager to your See Tickets account and ticketing pages, please read this article.
Where do I find my conversion tag information?
- Go to https://ads.google.com/aw/conversions while logged into your account. It should bring you to a screen like the below:
- Click the conversion action and look at the tag setup.
- Click on the “Use Google Tag Manager” item to reveal the tag manager setup:
How do I install my conversion tags in GTM?
- Open up https://tagmanager.google.com/ and select the container (it should be the name of your site) that you would like to add the code to.
- Select “Tags” on the left-hand side and then in the top right-hand corner select “New” to add a tag.
- It will open a tag window. Please name your tag (we suggest naming it GAds - What You Are Tracking) and then for Tag Type select “Google Ads Conversion Tracking” from the list.
- Make sure you implement the same conversion ID and Conversion label listed in the Google Ads conversion section.
- From there, add the correct trigger associated with the form submissions (or whichever conversion you are tracking).
- Hit Save.
- If a warning sign pops up saying “Conversion Linker tag is missing in container”, click “Create” next to the warning sign.
- This will open a new tag window. Name it (e.g., GAds - Conversion Linker) and then save the tag.
- Submit the container, name the publishing and then hit publish to set this live on the site.