What is Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app. Once the small segment of Tag Manager code has been added to your project, you can safely and easily deploy analytics and measurement tag configurations from a web-based user interface.
Google Tag Manager can be used to install and manage third party pixels on your See Tickets ticketing pages, such as Facebook/Meta pixels, TikTok pixels, Snapchat pixels, etc. Instructions for implementing a TikTok pixel are below.
To learn how to add Google Tag Manager to your See Tickets account and ticketing pages, please read this article.
Where do I find my pixel?
Pixel Isn’t created yet:
- Go to https://business.tiktok.com/manage/account and choose the advertiser account you would like to open in your ads manager:
- This will open the ads manager dashboard, and you will want to select Tools → Events
- Select “Manage” under Web Events.
- Select “Set up Web Events,” enter a Pixel Name and select “TikTok Pixel” before hitting Next.
- Select “Manually Install Pixel Code” and then “Custom Code”.
- Select “Copy the pixel code” and enable number 3.
Pixel is already created:
- Navigate to the events section under your ad account by going to https://ads.tiktok.com/i18n/events_manager/pixel
- Click on the Pixel and load the pixel settings. Scroll down and view Base Code
- Click “Copy Pixel Code”.
Installing TikTok Pixel Code into Google Tag Manager
- Open up https://tagmanager.google.com/ and select the container (it should be the name of your site) that you would like to add the code to.
- Select “Tags” on the left-hand side and then in the top right-hand corner select “New” to add a tag.
- It will open a tag window. Please name your tag (we suggest naming it TikTok or TikTok - Base Pixel) and then for Tag Type select “<> Custom HTML” from the list.
- In the HTML section of Tag Configuration, paste the code that you copied from the pixel setup/pixel creation process.
- For Triggering, choose the all pages trigger.
- Unless you are a site governed by GDPR or if you have stricter regulations based on CPRA and have to only trigger the TikTok pixel based on marketing cookie acceptance. For this, you may need to discuss with your development team.
- Save your tag.
- Submit the container, name the publishing, and then hit “publish” to set this live on the site.